Here’s a quick tutorial for this beautiful floral DIY Wrap Skirt. It’s flowy, easy to make, perfect for summer and it even fits a baby bump. I’ve created the pattern for this skirt from a half circle so it has a great fit, no darts needed. Now let’s DIY this cute wrap skirt together.
What you’ll need:
- Aprox. 250 cm Leightweight Fabric (chiffon, cotton, cotton voile, batiste) make sure it is not too sheer
- Fabric Scissors
- Measuring Tape
- A Pencil or Tailor’s Chalk
- Sewing Machine
A = Waist + 30 cm
B = Length Skirt in the back (longest part of the skirt) + Seam Allowamce
C = Length Skirt in the front (shortest part of the skirt) + Seam Allowance
D = Radius. Calculate the Radius by dividing mesurement A to π (3.14)
(You can see the exact measurements I’ve used in the video)
Draw this pattern on you fabric as I did in the video. Round up the edges if you like, Try on your skirt before moving on to hemming the rounded edge. Create the waistband from the remaining fabric.
Please watch the video for step by step instructions.
Here are a few of my other Clothing DIYs:
- DIY Suspender Skirt from Men’s Shirt | Thrifted DIY Refashion
- DIY Dress from Men’s Flannel Shirt | Thrifted DIY Refashion
- How to make a Square Neck Crop Top
- How to make a Ruffled Wrap Skirt
- Easy DIY Clothes – T-Shirt Transformation
- How to make a round straw bag