We traveled from Bielefeld to Amsterdam by train. After about 4 hours we arrived in Amsterdam Central Station. We bought a public transport card, which was available for 48 hours and then we set off. In the video below you can see what we chose to visit during our (too) short break spent in Amsterdam.
What is worth seeing?
- Channels in Amsterdam center (De Wallen)
- The Anne Frank House
- Begijnhof (one of the oldest inner courts in the city centre. The majority of the buildings are private dwellings so you’ll most likely see people watering their flowers among tourists)
- Red Light District
- Rembrandt Square & Art Market
- Bloemenmarkt – flower market (more bulbs and seeds than blooming tulips)
- Taking a boat tour on Amsterdam canals (unfortunately, we didn’t get to do this, but we will certainly return this summer)
In order to visit the Museums (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh, Madame Tussauds, Anne Frank’s House) and Heineken Brewery we recommend that you purchase your ticket in advance online.